Last modified: January 01,2009
Definition of our terminology as used within this document:
- A 'Project' is any work undertaken or service provided by WT Designs for the Client on their request and as described in our confirmation order email / letter to that Client.
- A 'Client' is a person, persons, business or organisation using any of the services provided by WT Designs.
- 'Live Mode' means the date the website is available for all to access via the World Wide Web using their chosen domain.
- 'Domain' is the website address as specified by the Client.
- 'Hosting' is a yearly cost to keep a clients website online.
- 'Content' is both text and images that the Client requires on the website.
- 'mb' stands for megabytes and is a measure of storage space.
WT Designs Terms & Conditions of Business
- The contract between WT Designs and the Client will be on these conditions, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. Any variations to these conditions shall have no effect unless agreed in writing.
- The works to be carried out shall be as set out in the WT Designs confirmation order email / letter.
- Email will be the preferred method of contact with regard to all communication. Although WT Designs can be contacted by telephone, we will use email as our method of communication and therefore it is the Client's responsibility to inform us of any change in email address so we always have up to date email contact details. WT Designs can not be held liable in any way relating to communication issues if we are not supplied a valid email address. WT Designs will acknowledge all emails within 3 working days.
- WT Designs will only commence work on a Project after receipt of a non refundable, 50% deposit of the quoted Project fee from the Client. WT Designs will require the final 50% payment is to be made on completion of the website. The website will be switched to Live Mode and all optimisation work submitted once the Clients remaining balance is paid in full.
- The deposit paid to WT Designs covers the cost of design work carried out as well as any admin work and communication with WT Designs UK. The deposit is non refundable.
- WT Designs shall expect the Client to carry out sufficient research before proceeding with a website. This will include checking that the website/idea/business will operate legally. It is important that the website is not in any way illegal.
- Where images used on the website have been purchased by WT Designs on behalf of the Client, these images are strictly for use on the website only. WT Designs are not liable for misuse of these images by the Client or any other person’s copying, altering or distributing the images to individuals or other organisations.
- WT Designs will host the client website and in doing so, WT Designs will endeavour to provide a reliable and professional service to the Client at all times but do not guarantee that the website Hosting will be available at all times, especially in the event of a technical failure beyond our control.
- All hosting offered by WT Designs is limited to 200mb of website space unless otherwise stated in a separate contract. If your site requires more than 200mb of space we will advise of the additional charge required to cover this cost.
- WT Designs cannot be held responsible for anything adversely affecting the Client's business operation, sales, or profitability that might be claimed is a result of a service offered by WT Designs.
- Where asked to provide search engine optimisation for a Client, WT Designs do not guarantee any specific placement or high ranking on search engines.
- WT Designs will provide the Client with an expected completion date for the Project (live on the internet) if requested. WT Designs will endeavour to meet any given deadline, but do not guarantee and are not bound in any way to complete the Project by this date. The expected completion date provided by any employee of WT Designs is purely an estimate.
- The Client shall not be charged for Open Source Software. If there is a charge for a website using Open Source Software, the Client is paying for the development time. Open Source Software is not owned by WT Designs or the Client.
- WT Designs own all design and code of the website until final payment has been received in full. Once final payment is received, the Client will then own the design and code of the website, unless Open Source Software is used. Images will have been purchased by WT Designs for the Client, unless the images have been supplied by the Client. Item 17 is subject to item 16.
- All images displayed on the Client's website will only be used after authorisation by the Client, and are the sole responsibility of the Client regarding usage and copyright. Should any legal issues or claims arise from the content or copyright of any images supplied by the Client or WT Designs, they will be the sole responsibility of the Client.
- Domain names will be registered by WT Designs and also registered to the WT Designs current address. Although the domain names are registered to WT Designs, the Client is the legal owner of the domain and if they request to have details changed or the domain transferred elsewhere, WT Designs will do this within a reasonable timeframe, any transfer will incur an administration charge.
- A domain name will be registered by WT Designs UK on behalf of the client once we have received the 50% deposit.
- It is the responsibility of the Client to renew their domain names when due. If a domain name expires, WT Designs can not be held liable for this. However, WT Designs will make reasonable effort to contact the Client regarding domain renewal.
- When a Client renews Hosting with WT Designs , this also includes domain renewal if the renewal is needed to keep the site functioning and was purchased as part of the Hosting package. If the Client does not renew the Hosting, their domain name could be made available to the public for purchase and WT Designs can not be held liable for this.
- Renewal of Hosting is due on a yearly basis. The date of renewal will be annually from the 1st of the month, the website went live. The Hosting will not be renewed if WT Designs cannot contact the Client or the Client requests for WT Designs to not host this site. This will also affect the domain as per item 22.
- The Hosting renewal charge must be received within 10 days of the Hosting expiry date. WT Designs reserve the right to deactivate any website where the Hosting has expired and the Client has not paid the renewal charge. There will be an admin fee set by WT Designs for reactivating the website/Hosting.
- WT Designs will provide 1 years free hosting as part of our website package cost; any other product or service that requires hosting will be charged at our current annual rate.
- Should a Client wish to move Hosting away from WT Designs or transfer a Domain name away from WT Designs , a £25 admin charge will be issued, which must be paid before the transfer takes place.
- WT Designs has no control of, or responsibility for, the content of Clients’ websites. In no way does the textual or image based Content of our Client's web sites constitute WT Designs endorsement, or approval of the website or the material contained within the website. WT Designs has not verified any of the materials, images or information contained within our Client's web sites and is not responsible for the content or performance of these sites or for the Client's transactions with them. WT Designs provides links or references to our Client's websites solely for the convenience of prospective customers and intends that the links it provides be current and accurate, but does not guarantee or warrant that such links will point to the intended Client site at all times.
- WT Designs are not liable for loss, damage or corruption to files or information stored on its servers or individual PCs relating to a Client's website. The Client is solely responsible for any information or files relating to its website.
- If a Domain name is purchased by the Client through a company other than WT Designs, the Client has full responsibility in making sure that the domain name is renewed when due. WT Designs will not renew the Domain name when annual Hosting renewal is due if the Domain name is purchased through a company other than WT Designs.
- WT Designs will take a 3.5% service charge payment on any payments received using a credit or debit card. If this is not acceptable to the client, we also accept BACS and Cheque as an alternative payment method.
- WT Designs makes no claims that the contents of this website may be lawfully viewed or downloaded outside England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Access to this website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If this website is accessed from outside of the United Kingdom, it is done at own risk and the visitor is responsible for compliance with the relevant laws of the visitor’s jurisdiction. The terms and conditions of this website are governed by the laws of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Jurisdiction for any claims arising in respect of this website’s Content shall lie exclusively with the courts of England. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.